Search This Blog

Thursday 25 April 2024

CLIMERICKS:' Lower Emissions, Oh, don’t even start!' and 'Why Shouldn’t I Fly in a Plane?'




 










Today, two Climericks illustrating the attitudes of many of us in the wealthy West.


 Lower Emissions, Oh, don’t even start!

 By Abby Brook, Gloucester


Lower emissions, Oh, don’t even start!

It’s too inconvenient by far.

I don’t even like

Seeing people on bikes;

You won’t get me out of my car!



Why Shouldn’t I Fly in a Plane? 

By Kathryn Price of ACW*

 

Why shouldn’t I fly in a plane?

You can’t cross the ocean by train,

And I simply must

Take vacations or bust!

While penguin chicks die in the rain.


*ACW  Association of Christian Writers.


Find more about the thinking behind the growing collection of CLIMERICKS HERE


To see earlier posted Climericks - go to the 


monthly collections (list in right hand 


column)starting with April 2024 and 


work backwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment